Saturday, January 1, 2011

Where I'm Headed and What I'm Looking Forward To

Yesterday I addressed what I loved about 2010, after being inspired to do so by writer Susan Orlean on Twitter. I also promised to provide a list of what I am looking forward to in 2011. I got this list from a combination of resolutions and processes that I'm working on right now. In no particular order:
  • Maintaining breath, instead of holding it
  • Trying one new thing every day, no matter how small or large
  • Not buying any new books in 2011. I'm reading down the formidable stack in my room that I've already bought, reading some of my roommate's books that tempt me on the shelves in the living room, and rediscovering the San Francisco Public Library
  • Not buying any new pens in 2011. For those who have seen some of my pens, you know this will be a challenge, but for those of you who have seen my pens, you know I have way too many
  • Finding my peace with Facebook. I received some tips on how to make it better this past week from a friend (thanks much, Mike!) and I've put those in play and already feel better
  • Being more entertaining on Twitter. I crack myself up
  • Writing more of these blog entries. It's something I love to do and something I've sold myself out on
  • Giving up sex for a year. Liz Gilbert seems healthier for it, and I could use an adult relationship
  • Enjoying food again, instead of hoarding it in case I don't get to eat for the rest of the day
  • Wanting what I've got
  • Processing instead of reacting and resenting
  • Dreaming
  • Getting back on a saddle, literally
  • Trying the trapeze again
  • Opening Day at At&t Park
  • Meditation
  • Walking to the ocean more
  • Meeting new people
  • Learning a language so that I'm fluent
Not saying that they will all come true...I'm just saying that I'm looking forward to the effort.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment