Sunday, January 30, 2011

Undoing

This weekend on Twitter a friend asked all of us followers: Who is your undoing? I admitted that mine was men who asked me out--I had no standards for fear that I would miss any chances at all, and now, stripped of the temptation, know that I want no part of trying to find standards or chances.

You might say the same thing applies to career choices.

I spent last night trying to organize a shit-pile of work items that I just kept throwing into piles in my desk. I figured it was a good incentive to get me to walk into work. It's not. This morning I found another reason to walk into work--use the experience in my writing. I don't plan to set up a diatribe of how crappy my workplace is. I think how crappy my workplace is will be evident enough. But I intend to be fair--my faults in the process included.

Ok, now I can go back to work. Like Melville getting back on a ship with someone not named Ahab at the helm. We glean what we can.

Meantime, Monster.com has really tricked up their website.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment